Edingham Tower, Dumfries and Galloway
Edingham Castle is a late-16th-century tower house situated near Dalbeattie. It is the remains of an early tower house built for the Livingstone's of Little Airds.
~ History ~
1465 ~ The Campbells of Loudoun swap their property of Edingham with the Livingston's.
1588 ~ Edingham Castle is built as a 4 storey tower house by the Morrisons.
1660's ~ The Affleck's inherit the castle.
1780's ~ The family convert the building into a two storey cottage.
1872 ~ The tower is recorded as being roofless when it is purchased by John Hutinson.