Bandon Tower, Fife
Bandon Tower is a ruined three storey 16th century tower located on the eastern slope of Lomond. Much of the tower was either demolished or simply collapsed in the 20th century, its stone work used to build the nearby farm.
1070's ~ An unnamed Norman knight is rewarded with land from Lord Dundee for his loyal service.
1498 ~ The Balfour of Bandon is confirmed as being the owner of the Bandon estate, including its stronghold build by Alan Falfour of Bandon.
1500's ~ David Balfour builds himself a strong tower in stone, before the estate falls into the hands of the Beaton family.
1580's ~ The Bandon estate becomes the property of the younger Balfour family line, the Balfour's of Balbirnie.
1700's ~ The tower is abandoned.